Thoracic Cancer Program
- Thoracic cancer is cancer of the lungs or chest region. In fact, lung cancer is the most common type of cancer. Early diagnosis and staging of lung and other cancers is crucial to effective treatment.
- The Thoracic Cancer team at BLK Super Speciality Hospital has extensive experience and advanced knowledge about the genetic make-up of tumor types when dealing with both early, as well as complex cases of lung cancer.
- Our team of specialists uses state-of-the-art diagnostics like VATS / Mediastinoscopy to assess and plan personalised treatments.
- The Surgical Oncologist Team has specialised experience in handling complex Chest Wall, Mediastinal and Superior Sulcus Tumors, incorporating Radical CT+RT and complex reconstructive approaches.
Is it easy to learn if I have cancer of chest & lung?
It is quite difficult to assess for a patient if he/she is suffering from thoracic cancer. However, there are some warning signs which need to be examined by doctors, like:
- Unexplained pain in bones
- Chest in pain, shoulder or back
- Loss of appetite
- Persistent coughing/wheezing
- Swelling in neck or face
- Shortness in breathing
- Drastic weight loss
Am I vulnerable to Lung Cancer?
If you are a smoker or work in a condition where you are exposed to toxic gases then you are probably vulnerable to lung cancer. However, a person living in perfectly healthy environment can also develop the cancer of the lungs.
The lung cancer develops when cells in the lung starts multiplying uncontrollably. It is a fast spreading cancer and may affect other parts like brain, liver and bones.