- Ear is one of the vital senses for us.
- If not treated on time or properly, any deformity or ailment can result in permanent warp. Timely & Productive treatment is assured at BLK.
- Stapedotomy is a surgery carried out to make hearing of a patient better.
What is Stapes?
Stapes or Stapes footplate is a small part in the ear & a vital part in making a person hear properly. Mostly the Stapes footplate is a flexible bone despite that in certain patients it becomes fixated resulting in partial hear loss.
What are the reasons of fixated Stapes footplate?
The Stapes footplate can be fixated by birth due to malformation or may become fixated due to abnormal mineralization of the temporal bone.
What is the Stapedotomy procedure involves?
- The Stapedotomy is performed surgically.
- It is a minimal invasive surgery at which point a tiny incision is made in the stapes footplate through micro drill or laser after which the doctor applies prosthesis.
- The implant helps in the activeness of the stapes footplate.