Sports Injury Management
As a sports person, one has to undergo rigorous physical training and exercises. Being a sportsperson requires one to be physically fit all the time. Yet, no one can avoid injuries, while playing or doing athletic activities, sportsperson faces small and sometimes severe injuries. Sports trainers, physiotherapists & staff which travel along the sports team takes care of common injuries. Despite that, in case of severe injuries a specialist intervention is required. The Orthopaedic centre at BLK offers experienced and effective treatment to catastrophic injuries related to head, spine or spinal cord.
- Key Hole Arthroscopic Surgery for Knee and Shoulder Joints is being offered by the centre. Knee Arthroscopy deals with meniscal and ligament injuries.
- The surgery involved recreation of cruciate ligaments where a key-hole technology. The other mechanism include:
1. Rotator calf injury, repeated dislocations and labral injuries are rectified by Arthroscopic Surgery for Shoulder Joints.
2. Young & aspiring sportspersons can use the Facility of Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI) – a biomedical treatment which is extremely helpful in repairing damages in articular cartilage.
3. Medical cover for International Cricket, Hockey, Wrestling & Soccer matches.
4. Comprehensive rehabilitation unit to support post-surgical care.