The Pediatric Nephrology division at BLK Super Specialty Hospital is dedicated to provide the best possible medical care to infants and children upto the age of 16 years, affected by renal diseases. The division works in close collaboration with other specialities (pediatric surgery, urology, neonatal and pediatric intensive care, transplant surgery, child psychology and nutrition) to provide diagnosis and treatment of several disorders affecting the kidney and urinary tract.
We have a wide array of solutions for the following pediatric kidney diseases:
- Antenatal hydronephrosis and congenital renal anomalies- Our well-qualified team offers expert evaluation and management advice.
- Nephrotic syndrome accompanied by recurrent body swelling and an increased risk of infections- Long term medications may be advised to control the disease and minimise complications.
- Recurrent urinary tract infections leading to renal damage- Our centre has the necessary expertise to identify and treat modifiable risk factors, as well as prevent recurrent infections.
- Acute kidney injury with body swelling and decreased urine output in critically ill children- We provide round-the-clock services like haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and plasmapheresis for treatment.
- Chronic kidney disease resulting from congenital and acquired renal diseases- These children are given specialised medical care and renal replacement therapy.
- Renal stones associated with inherited and metabolic diseases, especially in younger children- We evaluate and identify the etiology and help preventing recurrence of stones.