- Pediatric gastroenterology deals with digestive, liver or nutritional problems in children.
- The treatment for these disorders involves biopsies or examination of the digestive tract using special instruments such as endoscopes.
- A pediatric gastroenterologist may treat diseases likeAcutediarrhoea, Persistentvomiting, Chronic constipation, Pancreatic insufficiency, Gastritis, Severe or complicated gastroesophageal reflux disease, Short bowel syndrome, Problems of the gastric tract.
How will a doctor ascertain the condition of a child?
- You may consult a doctor in an OPD where he will talk to the child and parents to learn more about the symptoms and problems a child may be facing.
- On the basis of physical examination and cross-examination, the doctor may suggest certain tests or scans. After proper diagnosis, a patient is prescribed medicine or a surgery on the basis of the ailment.