- Endocrinology is a medical subspecialty dealing with disorders of endocrine glands, such as the pituitary gland.
- These disorders include problems with growth, puberty, diabetes, obesity, problems with Vitamin D or other disorders related to hormones and glands that produce them.
- Hormonal problems affecting growth or sexual development can have long-term effects on child’s physical and emotional well-being.
- A pediatric endocrinologist is sensitive to the specific needs of each patient and cares for your child or teen in a comfortable environment.
- The division of Pediatric Endocrinology at BLK takes care of issues like Diabetes and its complications, Diabetes Foot Disorders, Thyroid disorders, Growth and sexual development disorders, Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Calcium and parathyroid gland disorders, Hyperandrogenic disorders like Hirsutism, polycystic ovaries, Obesity (In consultation with Dietician, Bariatric Surgeon), Infertility (Consultation with Gynaecologist and Urologist, infertility specialist) or Disorders of pituitary, adrenal and other Hormonal disorders.
- The surgeons at the Pediatric Endocrinology department are highly-experienced and skilled in conducting different surgeries.
- This is one of the first departments to introduce minimal invasive neck surgeries for all Endocrine disorders. Other surgeries conducted include Day care surgeries for thyroid disease, Endoscopic thyroid and parathyroid surgeries, Laparoscopic adrenalectomy, Endoscopic thymectomy and Stem cell therapy for foot ulcers.