Myringoplasty is a surgical procedure, where the doctors will use a graft to reconstruct the hole. The procedure will help in preventing infections and will also improve hearing which might have got affected due to the perforation.Myringoplasty is a surgical procedure to repair or reconstruct any perforation/hole in the eardrum or tympanic membrane.
- In case of perforation or hole there is not total loss of hearing thus, sometimes a patient may not know that his/her eardrum has been effected.
- Regular check-ups or chronic discharge from the ear with pain can detect it.
Mechanism for Surgery
- Using a graft doctor treats the perforation.
- The surgery can be carried out through ear canal or by making a very small incision.
Dangers of Surgery
- The surgery is totally safe & any post-operative complication is usually rare.
- Despite that, in rare cases patient may catch infections and bleeding may also occur.
- Graft failure, hearing loss, taste disturbance, facial palsy, dizziness or tinnitus are the other risks involved.