A limb or joint is replaced by a new or an artificial one is called joint replacement surgery. Usually the joint replacement surgery is carried out in the joints of the body which are dysfunctional or are suffering from any incurable ailment. Doctors often suggest joint replacement surgery in case of joint diseases, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The replacement of joints is often correlated with Knees, Hip, Shoulders and Fingers.
- Arthritis or other ailments causes immeasurable pain in joints, hence replacement surgeries are more common in elders .
- However, the surgery is also carried out in patients who have witnessed some mishaps/accident.
- Each patient gets the best treatment & post-surgery care with our dedicated team of doctors is ensured by the department of Joint Replacement at BLK.
- At our rehabilitation centre we emphasise on relieving pain, giving post-surgery assistance including physical and emotional support in order to make a patient recover 100% from his/her ailment.
- Minimal Access Fusion Surgery is the main highlight, where a patient is discharged from the hospital a day after the surgery.
What parts of body are included in Joint Replacement?
Shoulder, Hip, Knees, Ankle & Fingers are the body parts in which joint replacement surgery is carried out. The surgery for knees and hip replacement is quite common in elderly patients who are suffering from joint diseases, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis after trying all kind of medicines and physiotherapy.
Need of Joint Replacement Surgery
- Patients who haven’t got any relief after trying all medicinal & physiotherapy and are still suffering from severe pain due to joint diseases, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are advised to go for joint replacement surgery.
- However, doctor suggests certain tests to ensure that the patient is fit for the surgery.
How to prepare for Joint Replacement Procedure?
- Before the surgery is carried out, few days of hospitalization is required for elderly patients.
- The doctors make sure that a patient is fit for surgery by carrying put tests like ECG, urine tests, hematology and blood tests.
- X-rays of the joints to be replaces is a must to ascertain the perfect size of implants.
An Experienced team from BLK Super Speciality Hospital under general anaesthesia conducts the operation. Procedure for different joints of body is different from other.
Importance of Post-surgery Care
Once the joints are replaced with the implants, the post-surgery care becomes all the more important as, it is then the real care begins. Here, the team of specialist will guide you at every step.