At BLK Heart Centre we believe a healthy heart is a sign of healthy life but some of us faces heart problems and ailments and seek effective treatment for the same.
The entire gamut of services from diagnostic non-invasive services, nuclear scans, and CT imaging is available under one roof, as are top class Interventional cardiology, Interventional radiology and Neuro interventional services.
A full range of Cardiac surgery and Vascular surgery services complete the therapeutic armamentarium for providing patients with the best in class treatment. BLK Heart Centre at BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one stop for all your heart related issues. It is one of India’s largest, private sector, tertiary care hospitals.
The Centre was conceived to provide state-of-the-art comprehensive cardiac care to the patients coming from all over the world. We not only offer best treatment but also give a patient all-round care. Our surgery wing is equipped with latest technology and is at par with global standards.
The Heart team comprises of experts who are internationally recognized and are highly capable of dealing with complex heart related problems. The departments are branched out as:
- Cardiac Surgeons
- Cardiac Anaesthesiologists
- Intensive Care Experts
Our team has significant experience in the field of:
- Total Arterial Grafting
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Complex Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Surgery for Aneurysm including Endovascular and Hybrid procedures
- Interventional Cardiac procedures of all kinds - from Electrophysiology and Coronary Angioplasty to Interventions for correction of congenital anomalies.
Our centre for Heart is one of the largest divisions at BLK with world class amenities and highly-skilled doctors which have successfully performed more than 20000 interventional procedures, ranging from complex Angioplasty Rotablation and Device Implantation to Endovascular and Congenital Heart procedures. We have a reliable team of who have an experience of over 25000 Cardiac Surgeries, more than 4000 Total Arterial Grafting and over 4000 Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries and have also been treating critical cases with steady hands.Over the years, patients from India as well as the Middle East, the African Subcontinent, Eastern Europe and other SAARC nations (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Sri Lanka etc.) have shown great faith in the capability of our eminent Heart Team.
MODERN TREATMENTS AVAILABLE
The new developments and advancement in medical field has been effective in treating heart failure. If medication and lifestyle changes are not enough to control your symptoms, your doctor may suggest:
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT): The CRT is a surgical procedure wherein a pacemaker, which is a small battery device, is placed in heart to help it function in a coordinated manner. The instrument reduces the risk of heart failure.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD): The Implantable Cardioverter or ICD is an implant placed to normalise the dangerous heartbeat by sending electric signals. The surgery is conducted if a patient is suffering from dangerously fast heartbeats or ‘Venticular Tachycardia’/’Ventricular Fibrillation’ which is a severe disorder and may be a fatal one if not treated. In some critical cases both CRT and ICD are placed at the same time using one device.
- Heart Pumps:Sometimes heart is unable to pump enough blood to the body, in that case, the doctors may suggest for an open heart surgery to place a heart pump or Ventricular Assist Device. The pump accentuates the function heart.
- Heart Transplantation: Heart Transplantation is a complex surgery which involves replacing a non-working heart of a patient with a donated one. It is opted in most critical cases when revival of heart function by any medication or surgery is not possible.
BLK Heart Failure Clinic
The clinic is established with an aim to educate patients with heart failure. The patients are properly counselled before they began with treatment. The Centre offers a patient and family-centered approach to care.
The Heart Centre has dedicated specialist units, which are further streamlined into various sub-disciplines of ‘Cardiac Care’. These include Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery.