Head and Neck Cancer Program
- Head and neck cancer includes cancers of the mouth, throat and other rare cancers. These include cancer of the nose, sinuses, salivary glands, and lymph nodes.
- Head and Neck Oncology involve comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation including endoscopic procedures, major and minor resections, organ preservation surgeries, as well as complex reconstructions, including free flaps.
- At BLK Super Speciality Hospital, our BLK Head and Neck Cancer Program helps minimize the impact of cancer and assists patients in recovering and coping with side effects.
- Treatments focusing on preserving function, appearance and achieving cure.
- Minimally invasive proceduresincluding endoscopic laser laryngeal surgery.
- Limiting toxicity with advanced radiation therapy and chemo-radiation approaches.
- Highly experienced teams working closely with neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists, performskull base surgery, either endoscopic or open.
- State-of-the-art reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation to reduce morbidity.
- Intra-operative irradiation for selected recurrent tumors.
Symptoms of Head & Neck Cancer
Cancer is a serious ailment and one must regularly visit a doctor in order to track his/her health issues. Any unusual symptoms must be examined immediately. In case of head & neck cancer following symptoms might be the warning sign:
- Difficulty in opening the mouth
- Pain while chewing, swallowing and speaking
- Any kind of rash/patch
- Lump in the mouth
- Ulcer that won’t heal
- Constant bad breath