Hearing loss can not only be traumatic for a person but also his/her loved ones. According to WHO there are 360 million people have hearing disabilities worldwide out of which 32 million are children. There are multiple causes for hearing disability which may include complications at birth, genetic disorders, chronic ear infections, exposure to excessive noise, ageing or any infectious disease. The data is alarming; however, at BLK Super Speciality Hospital’s ENT department you will find fast and safe recovery from any Ear related ailment or disorder.
Ear Surgery at BLK is taken care by the ENT Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital. It is one of the busiest departments at BLK in terms of handling surgeries and daily OPD. The department performs all kinds of surgeries related to Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck. The department also specialised in offering flawless surgeries for Cochlear Implant and Auditory Brain Stem Implant.
Ear is one of the five essential organs of our body and helps us in hearing. It is also one of the delicate organs and needs proper care. However, some of us are born with certain deformities or disorder in ear while few of us develop issues with time or accident. At BLK, our special team of doctors make sure that you get proper treatment for any ailment related to ear. We offer treatment in following areas:
- Cochlear Implant Surgery: An electronic device is implanted in ears to aid a person in hearing.
- Tympanoplasty: The surgery is conducted to reconstruct the ear drum.
- Tympanoplasty: Tymnoplasty is a surgical procedure to replenish the eardrum of a patient. It is a very complex operation as it needs steady hands and an expert to conduct this surgery without affecting the ear canal or any other part of the organ.
- Myringoplasty: Myringoplasty is a surgical procedure to heal any perforation or hole in the ear membrane with grafting. The material used in grafting may include fat, alloderm, gelfoam or gelfilm.
- Myringotomy: Myrongotomy is a minimal invasive surgery which is conducted to release the middle-ear fluid.
- Stapedectomy: It is a surgical procedure to cure a condition called Otosclerosis wherein a spongy bone which helps in hearing starts hardening. The surgery involves removal of innermost bone of the ear which is then replaced with prosthesis in order to improve hearing of a patient.
- Modified Radical Mastoidectomy: It is a surgical procedure to remove any abnormal non-cancerous skin growth in the ear called cholesteatoma.
- Radical Mastoidectomy: The Radical Mastoidectomy is a surgical procedure where in the doctor removes mastoid air cells (a part of the skull located behind the ear), part of middle ear structure and ear canal to prevent the mastoid disease or mastoiditis (mastoid bone infection) to spread further.
- Ossiculoplasty: There are tiny bones in our ear which helps us in hearing clear sound but sometimes in case of infections like otitis or any injury these bones may get affected. In order to repair or reconstruct these bones a doctor may suggest for a surgical process called Ossiculoplasty.
- Facial Nerve Decompression: The Facial Nerve Decompression is usually conducted on patients suffering from permanent facial palsy which makes their faced brood down. The procedure is conducted to give a more symmetrical appearance to a patient’s face. This surgery might also help in reducing the symptom of the paralysis as the compression is released from the nerve.
- Auditory Brain-stem Implantation: The brain-stem Implantation helps people who are facing hearing loss either by birth (with no nerve of hearing) or have lost the hearing power due to some ailment (Usually tumor near the hearing nerve) or accident. The Auditory Brain-stem implant placed in the brain in a complex neurosurgery. Though, it does not bring back or generate the hearing power but it does help a patient in sensing the sound and comprehend a sentence by lip-reading.