Advanced Aneurysm Treatment
- At BLK Super Speciality Hospital,the Advanced Aneurysm Treatment Unit offers treatment to complex condition of Brain Aneurysm.
- A Brain Aneurysm is a condition where a patient develops a bulge in the wall of a blood artery.
- In most of the cases this bulge gets unnoticed but it may cause a stroke or hemorrhagein a patient.
- If diagnosed early, the doctors may suggest a surgery in order to close off the blood flow to the aneurysm to ward off the risk of haemorrhage.
Kinds of surgeries involved:
Endovascular Coiling: BLK specialises in offering this treatment which involve no incision in the skull. This is a minimal invasive technique wherein the surgeon threads a catheter from a blood vessel in the groin up into the blood vessels in the brain in order to remove the bulge.
Coil Embolization: In this minimal invasive procedure the catheter is threaded through the groin into an artery, placing the coil into the dome of the brain aneurysm in order to fill and close off the blood flow.
What are the causes of Brain Aneurysm?
There is no particular reason for a brain aneurysm to develop. It can happen at any stage of life, however, it is quite common in old age. Other factors may include high blood pressure, smoking, history of brain aneurysm, family history.
How can I know if I am also suffering from Brain Aneurysm?
There are no visible symptoms which can ascertain the development of brain aneurysm. However, one must go for regular check-ups and must consult a doctor in case he/she experience neck pain, high blood pressure, nausea or vomiting, fainting, seizures or sensitivity to light.
Diagnosis of Brain Aneurysm
- As there are no visible symptoms to this condition, a doctor may suggest some tests and scans to ascertain your condition on the basis of the consultation and the briefing you give.
- The tests and scans may include MRA or Magnetic Resonance Angiography, Cerebral Angiogram, CT Scan or Computed Tomography, CTA Scan or Computer Tomography Scan.
- All the above mentioned tests are done at the BLK Super Speciality Hospital.
- Our labs are well-equipped with latest technology and have highly-skilled doctors and technicians who are well-trained.